Pumpkin Puree for Recipes
How to make a homemade pumpkin puree for recipes. It's easy and more flavorful than canned!
Write a review
- 1 pie pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut pie pumpkin in half and scrape out pulp and seeds (save the seeds to roast for a snack!)
- Place face down on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or till pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Scoop out pumpkin into a bowl or peel skin off.
- Puree pumpkin in a food processor, potato ricer, food mill, blender, or use a potato masher or fork. Any will work!
- If the pumpkin seems dry while you puree, add a small bit of water at a time until you achieve the desired consistancy. If it seems too wet, drain through a cheese cloth. You are ready to cook! Great for homemade pumpkin pies, custards, or even alone.
Doug Walcher Farms http://www.drwalcherfarms.com/