Mashed Butternut Squash
A buttery, savory treat. A perfect potato substitute!
Write a review
- Butternut Squash, halved and seeded
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Additional seasonings optional
- Cut butternut squash in half and remove seeds.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Scoop out meat and mix with butter, salt, pepper and seasonings (if desired). Mash until smooth or fluffy.
- **For the microwave: cover with wax paper and heat on high for 3 minutes. Let cool 2-3 minutes, then heat 8 more minutes or until tender. If squash is too moist, cook uncovered for the last few minutes.**
Doug Walcher Farms http://www.drwalcherfarms.com/