Festive Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Write a review
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1 lb bulk spicy pork sausage (substitute turkey sausage, if desired)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups soft bread crumbs
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 10 -12 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, crumble sausage and add onion. Cook until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender, drain. In a large bowl, beat egg and milk, stir in bread crumbs, spinach, cranberries, and sausage mixture.
- Turn squash over and stuff with sausage mixture. Cover and microwave 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Doug Walcher Farms http://www.drwalcherfarms.com/